Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Child Support Questions and Answers.

Here is a fact that you need to know.  Under Maryland law, child support continues until the minor child reaches the age of 18.  Here is another heads up…It may be extended to age 19 if the child is still enrolled in high school.  And if there is a past-due amount it must be paid no matter what age the dependent may be.

What if you are legally separated but not divorced, can you get child support in the State of Maryland?  Well, there is no such thing as legal separation in this state.  You do not need to file such papers.  You simply need to file for child support.  By the way, if one of your children is turning 18 and the other is not look for a modification.

All of these things need to be sorted out by a family attorney in the state of Maryland.  Just such a person is Baltimore child support lawyer Briana Arnold.  Please visit her website at www.brianaarnoldlaw.com and see what she will do for you to fight for your interests.  Then give her a call at (410) 484-1400.

No comments:

Post a Comment